Residence Halls I & II - Terms and Conditions of Lease
Current Students -
Student Housing Service
- Siam University leases rooms to students at Siam University Residence Hall I & II of Charn Issara City Home condo complex, located on Soi 32, Petkasem Road, Bangkok, Thailand, for a minimum tenancy of 4 months corresponding to the academic semester.
- PAYMENT: Tenants agrees to pay their monthly rent, due at the end of each month in advance and payable no later than the first of the next month. Payments can be made in cash to the relevant office or by bank deposit. If the tenant pay by bank deposit, then a copy of the deposit slip must be faxed to the relevant office. Room rental does not include utilities, such as water, electricity, and telephone, which are billed separately.
- LATE PAYMENT: Siam University reserves the right to charge a late fee of 5% of the monthly rent per day after such time. Special arrangements must be made with the residence manager if a tenant finds he/she cannot follow the above procedure. These arrangements must be made well in advance of upcoming due dates. NO extensions to the above time frames will be made.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT: A security deposit of 1 month rent must be made along with the first month’s rent before occupying the unit. This deposit will be returned after the manager inspects the unit, signs the release form and the tenant(s) has cleared all other financial obligations such as utility bills. Tenants must fulfill a minimum of four months rental in order to claim deposit.
- RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF PREMISES: 6.1. Tenants must be 18 years of age or older. 6.2. No smoking in the unit or anywhere in the building. Each room has a convenient balcony and smokers should utilize this facility for this purpose. Smoke detectors must not be tampered with or disabled in any manner. Doing so could be considered a serious violation and dealt with accordingly. 6.3. Tenants shall not do or permit any act or anything that may be or become an annoyance or cause damage or disturbance to the landlord or the occupiers of adjoining premises, nor shall the tenants do any act or anything that may endanger or damage the building of the landlord. 6.4. Tenants may not keep or use alcoholic drinks in their units.
- ACCESS TO PREMISES: The manager has the right to make periodic inspections of any tenant’s unit by appointment.
- TERMINATION OF CONTRACT: In the event of the tenant being permitted by the landlord to terminate this Lease before the expiration hereof, the landlord shall keep the security deposit as a fee for arranging a new tenancy.
- BREACH OF CONTRACT: In the case of serious or repeated violations of the above regulations and conditions, a tenant may be required to vacate their premise within three days. Siam University reserves the right to determine what conditions will result in this eviction.
- Contact the manager about any questions or problems by phone only between the hours of 6-10 PM, unless it is an emergency.
- The Lease Contract of Siam Residence, which reflects the clauses of these terms and conditions, must be completed and signed by all parties upon moving in the premises.
I have read and agree with the terms and conditions above.
Last Updated on Monday, 03 May 2010 10:03