The general principle governing student conduct standards and rules at Siam University is that students are expected to conduct themselves as mature and responsible individuals.
The following acts of academic misconduct are facing academic sanctions, including but not limited to a grade reduction, failing grade (F), suspension or dismissal from the program or the University:
- Plagiarism, falsification of information rendered and/or academic cheating
- Signing an attendance sheet in behalf of a fellow student who is absent
- Harassing teachers in order to obtain University privileges or grades to which the student is not entitled
It is a violation of the code of conduct for a student to witness another student’s violation of the code of conduct and withhold that information from the appropriate authority. All violations must be immediately reported to the course instructor or Program Director. All students will be held to the highest standards of conduct.
All students are expected to have a considerate and respectful demeanor towards their teachers and fellow students. Here are some examples of situations in which you are requested to act with consideration:
- Arrive in time to class in order to avoid disturbing the teaching session in process.
- Ask both the teacher’s approval and your fellow classmate’s before audio taping the content of a class.
- Avoid disrupting a lecture by answering phone calls in class. Turn off your mobile ring tone. If you expect a very important call, please leave class when taking the call.
- When the instructor is lecturing, refrain from taking part in any other activities than those related to the subject being taught, such as reading or preparing another course’s material or assignments, etc.
The international nature of the program offers both an enriching but also challenging experience. All students should understand and accept the cultural differences that exist among the international community and should be keen to accommodate each other’s differences in beliefs, culture, status and race.
In order to promote personal development, protect the University community, and maintain order and stability on campus, students who engage in any of the following acts of misconduct may be subject to disciplinary sanctions, including but not limited to a grade reduction, failing grade (F), suspension or dismissal from the program or the University :
- Physical or sexual assault, hazing, verbal abuse, threats, intimidation, harassment, coercion or any other behavior which threatens or endangers the health or safety of any member of the University community or any person on University premises or at University activities.
- Attempted or actual theft, damage or misuse of University property or resources.
- Unauthorized or improper use of any University property, equipment, facilities, or resources including unauthorized entry into any University room, building or premises.
- Use, possession or distribution of any narcotic or other controlled substances on University premises or at University activities except as expressly permitted by law and University regulations.
- Smoking in prohibited areas including but not limited to classrooms, toilets, hallways, elevators and restaurants.
- Eating and drinking (including chewing gum) in certain rooms where it is forbidden, unless explicitly permitted for special reasons.
- Misuse of the fire alarm.
- Violation of Thailand Criminal Law on University premises or while participating in University activities.
If your behavior creates a disturbance in class, your teacher will speak to you about the problem. If your behavior does not change, a meeting will be scheduled with the Program Director. If the problem still continues, you will not be permitted to attend the class, and you will be marked absent.